Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (other than small sips of water) for six to eight (6-8) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- If there are certain medications you take, you can take them with a small sip of water.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Heine Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery prior to your surgical date for instructions.